Okay so today I am having a 'moment'. A moment where I say to myself, "I really, really miss city living!'. I never used to think of Michigan has having a 'city' and 'country' before I moved out here. I guess because I lived in a sububrb or township, which I think is the best of both worlds! Anyhow, people around here refer to living out here as now that I live in the "country". I always laugh because if you drive 5 minutes you're in a 'city' lol . I always kinda considered 'city' living like living in Downtown Chicago or Detroit or something like that. But oh well. I like it living in the country, but I still really, really miss "city" or "twp" living as I call it.
One thing in particular that has me on this tangent today is the flippin WATER. OMG do I want city water. If they ever bring it out this way, we are getting it!! Do not let anybody tell you that well water is the way to go. You know the saying "you get what you pay for",well that's the truth when it comes to well water! I know I sound like a water snob, but seriously this is the truth. LOL. Maybe it is just our particular well but I think I have had it!
Example one: today I clean the bathtub. Yes, a bathtub that I never use but still have to clean. Anyhow, I digress. Said tub has nasty orange stains on it from guess what?? Our WATER. Ick. I scrub and scrub and finally have to spray some toxic bathtub cleaner that makes me leave the room for 5 minutes. If we had CITY water this wouldn't be an issue because I weekly or bi-weekly (which is more of the case) cleaning would prevent this nasty a$$ orange buildup from collecting.
Example two: no piece of laundered material ever stays WHITE. Nope it turns this color:orange. I'm not exaggerating! I bought expensive white sheets for our new bed, now they are this shade of white. Unless you want to bleach or buy special detergent, all your whites will become this lovely shade.
Example three: pretty much everything with a silver color on it in our house gets rust spots on it. Annoying when you have very expensive silverware and then you notice an orange spot on it. Or stainless steel cutlery with you guessed it ORANGE spots on it!
Example four: drinkability. Okay so the fact that we buy water is just reason enough! My SIL was awesome and got us a Brita water filter for Christmas, but still I still know when I'm drinking it that it's well. I know that the city water I'm used to comes from Detroit, and that in it's self is another story.. but still I like my city water.
Example five: your hair. If you have treated hair, say hello to using Malibu treatments every quarter (at least)! Yes, limp hair. ugh.
Okay well enough venting. But I know I'll never get into well water. I'm just a 'city' girl at heart. I know a few of you may be able to relate!
Okay well I'm thinking my toxic spray is done doing it's thing, back to scrubbing!
No comments:
Post a Comment