Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bye Bye Dubya, Hello Obama!

So today is the day. The day we say "Bye, Bye Dubya! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!" Yes, this is a day a lot of people I know have either been waiting for, or dreading. I myself feel pretty uplifted today. Like we are really going to achieve some amount of change. Also, I think it's pretty awesome that we've finally moved on and voted in someone that's not white or male. Finally a little diversity in this country!
I don't consider myself too political. Although, some of you might think I am :) But I just like to keep myself educated and informed and I really hope that now we'll have some good change!

Anyhow, I was working at home today. Every once and a while I'd jump out and take a few pics for a special "Gail Commentary". Here goes...

OMG Dubya is waving Bye to ME!! Bye! See you hopefully in politics NEVER again!!
The official swearing in. Although I think the Chief Justice will never live down his 'ooops' moment of throwing off the new President!

Little Guy enjoys the Inaugural Parade!~ He thought it was great too!~

I did have a photo of Urethra ahem I mean Aretha Franklin. Her hat was just too good not to comment on, but due to time restrictions I don't have time to post it!
Anyhow, hopefully this is a sign of good times to come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will have to admit I liked the hat. I could never pull it off... being white and all... but I think it was a good hat that was significant to her culture. I had to work, and should have done the work from home thing, but I had to swim in a pool and didn't think I could skip that class... oh well DVR was just as exciting because it said LIVE in the corner so I felt like I was watching CNN as the events were actually occurring!