Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Still Can Keep Up!

Kara and Bridesmaids (Casey, Katie and Melissa)
Kara and I (yes, she has modeled...)

Kara and Matt the Happy Couple




So yesterday the hubby and I attended a bachelor/bachelorette par-tay for my cousin Kara and her fiancee' Matt. They are getting married in Jamaica next month. Bob and I really want to go but due to our current child and employment situation (Bob's job) we just felt we couldn't take the vacation this year. I'm really bummed we can't go but I'm so glad that we know all the peeps going to Jamaica with them.



We started out at Bridesmaid Melissa's house for the girls party while the boys went to Matt's house for the boy party. From there a limo picked us up (with the guys inside) and we traveled to the Locker Room Saloon Bar in Utica. The limo ride was awesome although I have to say that I'm really glad I took a shower because we were JAMMED like sardines in there! lol But I love riding in limos so it was pretty awesome.
There were probably about 25 of us total. Did I mention it was a Hummer Limousine?



If you're not familiar with the Locker Room, it's the only bar you'll find where they give you drum sticks and allow you to pound on just about anything in side. There is a DJ and the bartenders do a routine similar to the movie Cocktail. Bob and I hung out with some new friends we just met. Kara had a couple of visitors from Texas. Casey and her fiancee Jason (see above pic). They were really fun to hang out with! It's always fun to meet new peeps. We wish they lived closer!


So I survived without a hangover. I was shocked! Maybe I am back to my college drinking ways... !? Okay so don't go busting out the Boone's Farm just yet..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I remember when she was just a kid! When did she grow up?!? She's gorgeous!

gailiop said...

I dunno. But I feel OLD now. I think Bob and I were the oldest ones there! LOL