Monday, March 9, 2009

Far Away Friends

This weekend the hubby and I spent Sunday helping a friend from Chicago move back to Michigan. Hamtramck to be exact (and I really hope I spelled that right!). Anyhow, really it was Bob-o that did the moving, Big-A and I just supervised. But it was fun anyway! Regardless, it made me think of how much I missed my friends that have moved away. I mean, when you grow up (ahem, I've grown up?? lol) you get more friends, careers and sometimes you move away. When I moved home from college almost EVERYONE had moved to a different state, city, far away place. That was hard to take (can you say quarter life crisis? lol). How does a 20-something graduate make it in the big city without her girlfriends? I was in sore shape without my peeps. Another friend and I were just discussing how we take for granted that our old friends are always going to be local. And how we think we'll just meet other "friends" in our adult lives that'll be the same as our old friends. Well to some extent you do meet additional friends and sometimes they may live up to the standard you hold your old friends to. But that's very, very rare! So I am excited that some of you are coming back to good ol Michigan ...now to figure out how to get the rest of you back.... Wait... this seems like an episode of LOST!! WE HAVE TO GO BACK! Ok so this blog just took a very random turn.. lol

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Dave and I just had this conversation over the weekend! I feel the same way. Anyone can move to East Lansing!