Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm taking it "Step By Step" while I'm "Hangin'Tough" with my "Popcicle" and "Loving you Forever"







Okay so if you haven't figured it out, the New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) have reunited this year for a massive world wide tour. And if you haven't figured it out, when I was 13-15 years old I was a HUGE NKOTB fan. Huge as in I owned, posters, buttons, t-shirts, books, tapes, comforters and sheets (yes I did say comforters and sheets..)



Anyhow, this weekend NKOTB is in town performing at the Palace. I've seen them in concert 4 times. Yes I admit it 4 times!! But as a redeeming quality, I have also seen Pearl Jam 4 times! LOL



A co-worker of Bob's is going to the concert. Sigh. How fun would that be to go? When I was 13 or 14, me and a few other girls went to see NKOTB at Joe Louis Arena. It was Me, Elaina, Natalie, Pam, Jessica , another girl I don't remember, and Linda. It was probably one of the best concerts I'd been to. For one reason it was NKOTB and for another my Dad rented us a LIMO. At 14 years old I got to go to the JLA by myself with my bestfriends in a LIMO! We were on top of the world. Back then going to JLA was a huge thing. Now I work right down the street! How awesome is that to go in a Limo?!! I'll never forget it! And thank you Dad! We had a blast.

So I've been checking out the NKOTB website. These guys have really grown up. Grown up as in receding hairlines and wrinkles. But that's okay because I have a few more greys, a few more lbs and a few more children than when I was 14 ;) I think a lot of people may think it's goofy that they go on a reunion tour but I think it's an awesome time to reflect on the great times I had with my girlfriends. We had some of the best times going to concerts, listening to the tunes. Good times as recently as when I visited Natalie in Chicago and we played "Popsicle" on the internet jukebox at the Blarney Stone bar. (Yes we did get a few looks but hey who cares~

When I was 13 Jordan was "My Kid". Elaina liked Joey and Natalie loved Danny. I think Linda liked Donnie. And I don't think anybody was a real Jon fan. Although, I think Jon may play for the pink team... What do you think? I mean I know he had that whole relationship with Tiffany but I think she was just a front...

I remember at one concert we went to we had main floor seats. At one point Natalie and Elaina got up to the front. I remember it was soo exciting. It was mass chaos and super crowded but so exciting. Anyhow, I think Natalie touched Joey's hand or he sweat on her or something. I remember the whole ride home she was excited. Ahh those were the days eh?

Now days they have quite the website. It even has a BLOG. Maybe I should link to it?? Pretty neat idea I think. And of course a link where you can buy merchandise. Not only do they sell t-shirts, but they also sell infant wear! Yes Baby onesies. Are they in touch with their audience or what? Baby onesies are only $25~! LOL (okay in defense, I did by Alex a Pearl Jam onesie and it was $25). Anyhow here is a picure of that onesie and one of their t-shirts. I'd just like to point out that this t-shirt is $55! I'm guessing that these guys were heavily invested in stocks and this is their attempt at fixing their retirement package... haha
Anyhow, as goofy as it sounds. They were part of an awesome time in my life with my girlfriends :) And if I had a daughter, I'd rather they'd like a band like this than some of the other crazy groups there are out there :) What can I say, I'm just a Blockhead! ;)
PS does anyone know how to insert pics in between text? I can't figure it out~



No comments: