Monday, October 6, 2008

The Best Apple in the World


Honeycrisp apple, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Have you tried this tasty bit of appley heaven? If not let me tell you that you are missing out on an experience.
I've always enjoyed fall apples. But these are just the best apples I have ever tasted. It's like a caramel apple that's good for you!! I love them so much I want to buy a TREE. I almost had Bob talked into it for an anniversary gift but then he said it takes 10 years to produce any apples on them :( ugh.
Well, just recently I went to buy some at my local roadside produce stand, do you know how much they were?? $9.00 for a half peck! For those of you that aren't up on your 'pecks' it's one of the small white bags. $9.00 for APPLES! Sigh. I only had $10 so I ended up buying the Empire apples. Which are good, not AS good but it satisfied my apple craving.
This weekend my Dad (Big Jer to many of you) and Sandi stopped out. Guess what he brought us? Sweet appley heavenly goodness! Yes honeycrisp apples!

They are so good I took a picture of them. The honeycrisp is on the left and the Empire is on the right. I put a water bottle in there for size comparison reasons.

Get out there and get your Honeycrisps before they get away! :)

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

I think we have the same countertops! I will have to get some honeycrips soon.