Saturday, October 4, 2008

College Football Saturday




Well today Bob is out at a UofM game in Ann Arbor. I don't think I've quite met a bigger UofM fan in my entire life. Going to a game is a cultural experience around here. Even if you are not a Michigan fan, you should at least check out the tailgate, it's an experience.

When I was in college I didn't get to tailgate too often b/c I was in band for 4 years. But of course I have since made up for it :) Being in band is being in a huge fraternity/sorority. We have our own traditions and experiences. It really is it's own entity within a university. Marcing band tends to get a bad rap. But ya know, I would't trade a minute of being part of it. Work hard play hard is how our band was. I think a lot of people who have never experienced something like that just doesen't get all the traditions that go on. I made so many frinds, went places I never would have gone and made some great memories every game day. I hope little A has an experience like that when he goes to school.

I've been to a few Michigan games myself, somehow they just don't compare to the small town game days of Mt. Pleasant where everyone knows you and it's not about being a fan of a winning team but being part of a community!

Two years ago we went to see Central play Michigan. Of course Central lost, but they kept it a close game! And of course the band ROCKED! Take that Michigan Marching Band! Fire Up Chips!
*disclamer: this is in no way to state that I never had a good time at a Michigan game or a State game for that matter (wink,wink)
Check out some cool links of the band!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no experience like the big house... Dave and I got to go to one game this year (I would go to more and wouldn't mind saying I went into labor at the big house- my doctors don't think that's a good idea).... usually we get to attend 2-3. I have been to cmu for games againt WMU! GO BRONCOS!