So for Big A's first birthday party we took a poll of our family and friends and decided that July 4th would be the best/closest day to his birthday to have a party. After a week of grey skies and cool weather Mother Nature finally was nice to us and gave us a very warm and sunny day for our party. It was a wonderful day, with LOTS of food and friends. We ordered KFC chicken and mashed potatoes and my father in law made about 50 homemade Elephant ears (like the kind you get at a carnival) as a surprise and Natalie brought a dirt cake!
Thank you to all of our friends and family who came and shared our first birthday party and helped create some very special memories!
Here are just a 'few' of the pictures!
The cake from Costco. Chocolate with chocolate filling. YUM

Alex's first birthday cake!

Eating the cake. He had blue frosting everywhere! He actually kept the party hat on the entire time! I'm sure he'll thank me for pictures with that hat on one day..

Grandpa Jerry got him an inflatable pool. So we put that together and he went for his first swim! I don't know why I was worried about how to entertain people, watching him swim seemed good enough!



Opening presents. I think I need to clean out his room from the old presents for the new ones!

Ayla and Elaina

Big hugs with Corey

John and his date.. the keg.

Sam and Ayla

My father in law made us a bunch of elephant ears. Natalie had never tried one! Here she is trying one for the first time!

Two proud Grandpas.

I made two types of Jello shots and 1 type of pudding shot for the party. I made Margarita and Pina Colada Jello shots (yes they sell those flavors!!) and coconut pudding shots. Here's a pic of the Margarita jello shot. They were a little strong as you can see from the look on Kristie's face.

Playtime with Natalie and Elaina and Freddie
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Alex!! I can't believe he is that old already!
Post a Comment