You might be wondering what this is a picture of. Well this is my attention getter! So all I'll say is that it's a Polar Bear PAW. And yes, I am standing underneath it to get the photo!
Upon entering, we got a photo in front of the Bear Fountain (not sure if this is the official name, but if you've visited the zoo, you know which one I'm talking about. ) Curtis is giving his 'tough guy' look in most of the pictures. I think the two little ones are trying to imitate him~!
Here we are at the Prairie Dog exhibit. It's very cool. They have a tube you can stick your head out from under so that you are eye level with the PDs. Here's a pic of Curtis demonstrating :) Trust me there were PDs but somehow none of them in this pic!
The zoo has some phenomenal gardens. Actually, I think you can sponsor gardens and/or work on them. Since this year I was actually able to do some gardening at our house I've been trying to 'borrow' ideas from places I visit. So I used this as a chance to take some pics for ideas of what to plant!
Here we are on our way into the Arctic Circle exhibit (standing in front of a Polar Bear statue). Remember that paw photo from the beginning? Well one of the zoo workers told me that this statue is a good indication of how big the Polar Bears get in the winter! Gulp.
Kristie and Tucker checking it out.
Me and Big A inside the tube. They have seating so you can just enjoy!
After that we journeyed to the Zebra/Giraffe exhibit. The zoo has an attraction where you can feed the Giraffes at certain feeding times. We didn't do it but here is a pic of one of the zoo workers giving one a snack. Here is one question though, they have this exhibit set up like an Egyptian theme. Are giraffes from an Egyptian style environment?? Hmm.
The Corby family are big black bear fans. In fact I think they may have one mounted on a wall somewhere... (sorry bear lovers!). Anyhow they were very excited to see the Black Bear !
The zoo has a big Dinosaur exhibit. It's a walking tour with anamatronic dinos. We took the boys through and afterwards we bought them these cute dino hats! I was shocked that Alex actually kept his on!
Here is one of the dinos and me and Big A. Some of these were pretty scary for the little kids. I think Tucker was at the right age to understand the scariness. Alex was kinda just checking them out. So if you go, be mindful of this exhibit with small kids!
1 comment:
HOW FUN!!! I haven't been to the Detroit Zoo since I was little. It looks like I need to go again and take Jack. Love the pics!
Post a Comment