
Recently I just got a library card. There are a lot of books I've been wanting to read/listen to (audiobooks) but have just been too busy. And I don't need to be buying more books! So I put Twilight on my list of books to read. Just to check it out and be 'in the loop'. And since I was like 5th on the list of requests for that book, I figured it would be a while until I could read it. That was LAST Saturday. Monday I got a call from the library saying one of my book requests was in and ready to be picked up. When I got there on Thursday I discovered the book on hold was Twilight. The librarian said to me in a knowing way when I picked it up "oh you're gonna read Twilight!". To which I was like 'um, yeah'. I started the book Friday night (two days ago) and I just finished it this morning. If you've read it you know how long it is!! LOL. What a great read! (and way better than the movie!!) Now I can see why all these teenage girls are going crazy over it. It's like the equivalent to a modern love story/vampire story meets Romeo and Juliet. So, I guess now I have to read the other THREE books (sigh) . To which I either have to wait and get them from the library.. OR buy them. Which, I'm pretty sure I'd want to read these again so I'm guessing it'll go on my Christmas list.
Recently I talked to Elaina, who asked me about Twilight. As she has been in the "baby bubble" this last year she is picking back up with pop culture events too. She just watched the movie a few weeks ago. She said she LOVED, LOVED the movie and had borrowed the book from a co-worker. So I have a pretty good feeling that in November when the next movie comes out, Elaina and I will be taking an afternoon off to go see a certain movie :) Elaina, this next posted photo is for you girl!! :)
Anybody else read Twilight?? Bob just rolled his eyes when he saw what I was reading. Maybe he's just jealous. They don't really write love stories for 'dudes' do they? Oh wait, that's called SPORTS and HUNTING!

5 comments:
Yep, I read 'em all. More than once for the first book. But I laughed through about half the movie. Bella is Blinky McBlinkerson and a mouth breather. I should have been Bella! ;) But I'm in love with Edward.
LOL Lisa you're awesome! Yeah somehow I think the girl that plays Bella is pretty flat I'm not quite sure how I mean that, but do you get what I'm saying? But I gotta say the guy that plays Edward is got the FLATTEST NOSE I have ever seen! Must be a British thing! But yeah Edward is a pretty cool character!
Anyhow can't wait to read the next one. And at least it's getting me away from reading religious and political books for a while. I wish we could discuss!!
Gailio,
Remember Bree has ALL the books. They've been read a few times now. You are allowed to borrow whenever you wish! :)
It's kinda got on my nerves a tad bit though (the movie) as Amanda watches faitfhfully (ugh) each and everynight! She falls asleep to it. lol oh well, might as well do it now as good ole college will be starting up in a few weeks and I'm not sure how much time she will be able to spend watching it then.
Let us know if you want to borrow girly!
Tracie! Thanks for the offer! That's hilarious about Amanda. I wonder what Bob would say if I started doing that LOL
Maybe I should start bloggin about Twilight more often. I get a lot of comments!! :)
I've read them all! The books are great. I have a friend who has gotten me into several different vampire/werewolf series now that are MUCH more adult in nature. They are good escape from reality books. One of them is the Sookie Stackhouse collection that the HBO series True Blood is based on. But you read those Twilights first! Get your feet wet!
Post a Comment