Well since I like trying out new meals but try to find things that are uncomplicated, I recently subscribed to All Recipes.com mailing list. Every day I get an email with a new recipe. Last week I got an email recipe for Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. Bob and I love Buffalo Chk. Sandwiches. But the problem is in most restaurants they are FRIED chicken. Which, isn't always what we want to eat since they probably mix the hot sauce with butter and all sorts of bad for you sorta stuff. So I decided to give this one a shot.
If you like Franks Hot Sauce, you're gonnna LOVE this.
Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts
1 bottle hot sauce (I used Frank's)
1 packet dry ranch dressing
1 or 2 tbs butter
Rolls
Ranch Dressing (optional)
Onion (optional)
The original recipe said to cook chicken breasts, dried ranch dressing and hot sauce in a crock pot. Because I wanted to try this that day, I cooked the chicken breasts separately first, shredded them, then added almost a whole bottle of Franks, and a packet of dry ranch dressing. I cooked for another few minutes and then added a tablespoon or two of butter and more hot sauce. Serve on roll and I put some ranch dressing on top and an onion.
I meant to take a photo earlier in the process but I had already begun eating when I remembered to take a picture :) Please excuse my Christmas plate :)
I think next time I might cut back a bit on the hot sauce and add more condiments to make it a 'real' sandwich. But it was really, really good!
3 comments:
Why look at cookbooks when I can visit your blog and get food and adult beverage ideas!!!!
lol! Awesome
lol! Awesome
Post a Comment