Monday, June 8, 2009

A Sistah's Reunion

Yesterday a group of my girlfriends from graduate school and I FINALLY were able to get together! I packed up Big A and we made the trek to Liz's house in E. Lansing. It was a wonderful day. It was wonderful to see everyone's children and catch up. Although, I don't feel like we were able to talk about enough in our short time!
Unfortunately, not all of our 'group' was able to meet up. But Julianne, Liz and Laura/Leroy were able to! Kristi had family activities and yesterday was her birthday (Happy Birthday Kristi!) and Jen now lives in Georgia. But we were still thinking of you!
Fortunately we were able to coordinate some time with Julianne who now lives in Nebraska with her THREE daughters! (You can see the youngest and future Mrs. Pelc in the baby sling below!) Laura and Liz.
I really miss these ladies and had a great time. The afternoon was too short. I am hoping we can plan a trip or another day together soon. It's been several years since we last met up. Liz made some serious Cosmos to which I really need the recipe! And we ate pizza. I tried pizza with green olives for the first time. And I must say it was AWESOME!
Laura/Leroy reminded me that it's been almost 10 years since we finished school. How life has changed since then. I don't know how I would have made it through the graduate program without these girls. I think we practically lived together and suffered through all our classes and thesis adventures together. I think of them as my sisters. I miss you guys! I'm hoping we can plan a girls trip sometime soon. Thanks Liz for sharing your home with us! Can you please come over and decorate for me :) And thanks for the MSU sweatshirt :)

The girls! Julianne and Margaret, Liz, Me and Big A and Laura/Leroy Dogg (woof!)
Cosmo time! YUMMY

Miss. Margaret (future Mrs. P, does she have the cutest cheeks or what!) and Laura/Leroy


Olivia and Ben enjoying their pizza :)




Big A's new buddy Liz. He totally fell asleep. She must have the touch!



1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

This was such a wonderful afternoon! It felt like we were just hanging out after class. Except there were kids there! Weird huh! I love you ladies so much and you are like sisters to me too. And is there anything hotter than Liz making a cosmo? Um, NO!