Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day Celebratory Foods

In honor of my first official mother's day I fell off the healthy wagon and got a few of my favorite foods. I started off Friday with a Cottage Inn chicken pizza. YUM. I love pizza and Cottage Inn is the best. We have them 'around' us, but since I was checking on my Dad's house I thought I'd pick one up since he has one a mile away.
Since I'm able to drink this Mother's Day, I also made up my newly found Sangria recipe. I whipped it up and chilled it for a few hours. Bob went Asparagus hunting (yes searching for Asparagus) and so while he did I took Big A out in the wagon and made myself a travel mug of Sangria.
I felt it was kinda creepy to be drinking alone so I called up Elaina and we chatted while I took Alex on his laps. Is that still considered to be drinking alone? Anyhow, it was some AWESOME sangria. I'll definitely be making that this summer!
And finally, I found an excuse to whip up the Nutella cupcakes I've been wanting to make. If you've never tried Nutella, I suggest you do. It's a hazelnut/chocolate spread. YUM. All you do is whip up some cupcakes and put a dab of Nutella on top before baking. While baking swirl chocolate around with a toothpick. YUM
Happy Mother's Day to me and I'm sure I gained about 5 lbs over the weekend. So It's back to veggies and salads for me this week :)




Transplanted Lilly Plants.. I hope they grow!!




1 comment:

Robyn said...

I transplanted lillies too!!!! I didn't get cottage inn though :(