Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day 2009


This year was my first official mother's day! Last year was great too but this year was even better because now we actually have our baby here :) Big A and Bob got me two blueberry bushes and a 3 in 1 pear tree. I mentioned that in the fall I wanted to get a bunch of berries to freeze and eat but now I don't have to! And the pear tree is perfect b/c I've really wanted another fruit tree for our yard. It's 3-in 1 because it produces 3 different types of pears and cross polinates with its self so you don't need multiple pear trees to get pears! *if you don't know fruit trees have to cross polinate with another fruit tree to get fruit!* Now to figure out where to plant them!
We spent the day over at Bob's parents. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

I had no idea that fruit trees had to "cross polinate". Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :) I'm glad you had a good Mothers Day!