Anyhow, one of the recipes I tried was Mexican Lasagna. I thought it turned out pretty good. There's room for improvement of course, :) But what I liked best was using the tortilla shells instead of noodles! It's a combo of enchilada sauce, sour cream and chicken as the filling. You layer the filling between slices of tortilla shells, then during the last five minutes, top with tomatoes, onion, and olives with cheese and nacho chips.
Aside from the fact that I had accidentally bought spicy Enchilada sauce, I thought it was okay, as the sour cream toned down the spice. I think you could make this lower in fat too by using low fat sour cream. Anyhow, I think I'll give it another try. If you would like to try here's the recipe, and be sure to let me know in the comments if you have any tips!
Mexican Lasagna:
1 10oz can Enchilada Sauce
1 lb cooked chicken,cut or shredded into pieces
1 8 oz container Sour Cream
8 medium green onion (I used white onion, I didn't have green!)
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
8 corn soft tortillas (I used flour, corn might have made it crispier)
2 cups shredded Colby/Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Cup Nacho Chips
2 Medium tomatoes
2 tablespoons sliced Olives
1. Heat oven to 375, get out a 13x9 baking dish. Spray with no stick spray. Spoon 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce in bottom of dish.
2. Mix enchilada sauce, chicken, sour cream 1/4 cup onions, and taco seasoning
3. Arrange 8 corn tortilla pieces over sauce in baking dish, overlap as necessary. Spoon 1/2 of chicken mixture over tortillas, sprinkle with 2/3 cup of cheese. Repeat layers.
4. Cover with foil, bake 30-35 minutes. Uncover, layer chips, tomatoes, olives, remaining onion and cheese over top. Bake uncovered 5 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:
Post a Comment