So flu season is upon us. Or something like that if you watch the news or check the Internet or have any connectivity to the outside world at all. And in case you didn't know the H1N1 is here. Ugh.
I have my issues with vaccines. I debate a lot of it with the pediatricians. I get a lot of dirty looks from doctor's, nurses and other health care practitioners when I won't let them administer a 10-in-1 shot to my son. Because it doesn't make common sense to me. I'm not a doctor but I read and I try to stay informed. I try to look at connections between things. (Hey, I'm a business analyst who wrote a statistical thesis, it's who I am!)
Last year we gave Big A the seasonal flu shot 1) because he was in daycare and 2) the Dr pretty much gave us an awful guilt trip about not protecting him from it. I'm glad I did it, but I guess we won't know if he ever would have gotten the flu. Hopefully 30 years from now they won't come out and say something is linked to the seasonal flu shots of 2008...
This year I pretty much thought I'd get him the seasonal flu shot and skip the Swine Flu shot. Partly because I thought the Swine Flu was too rushed and not tested enough and partly because I have my conspiracy theories about the flu shots. LOL JK-okay not really. I know, I have my issues with it. .
Anyhow, today I went against my fear/logical side and allowed them to put Big A on a waiting list for the H1N1. They called me about an hour after we left the Dr's office to say that it was in. We're going to get it. Hopefully I don't wind up with an ulcer over this decision. But I know I would feel far worse if he contracted it and got super sick.
Why don't they tell you these things before you become a parent so you can deal with it?? LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment