Monday, October 19, 2009

Cider Mill Trip


On Saturday Natalie called me to see what we were up to. The Gelman's-to-be were on a whirlwind tour of local cider mills to find the best cider and doughnuts. The stop we met them at was the 4th and final stop on the cider mill tour. We met at Blake's Cider mill in Armada. It's been several years (think high school) since I've visited a Cider Mill. So this was a great trip!


Yes, pumpkins were .35 cents/lb!


Here we are in front of a giant pumpkin man made of hay!!



The Gelman's-to-be :)




Wonder how much they charge for this pumpkin?? :)


Since we didn't buy a pumpkin we did feel compelled to purchase some cider (at $6.75 a gallon what a deal! lol). So when we got home I made myself some spiced cider. With the help of Admiral Nelson (the Captain's half brother) it turned out great!

It was a great day and I hope this turns out to be a tradition!






No comments: