So this year I really wanted to go to
CMU's homecoming. I think it's been about 8 years since I attended a
CMU football game. I asked a few friends a while ago about going but nobody was really motivated. And I never cemented any plans. Since I've been so busy I just thought I'd stay home. On Thursday my co-worker Mary (also an alum) asked if I was going. She was going and meeting her old roommate and tailgating. She suggested we ride together. I had just gotten an email from Julianne saying that she and Craig were driving in from Omaha so I figured if they could drive 10 hours I could probably drive 2.5 ! I convinced Bob that some quality time with his son was needed and I was off!
Mary and I arrived at about 10 AM on Saturday. We met up with her friend DJ and family and hung out for a bit. After that we walked into the stadium and found our seats. Julianne
texted me before halftime to tell me that they were stuck on the highway in
Shepherd but would be there shortly!
At the end of halftime Julianne
texed and said she was here and ready to meet. On my way to meet her I picked up this HUGE $5 mug of hot chocolate!

This year the
CMU Homecoming Grand Marshall/Ambassador/
Pperson was Carter formerly from
TLC's Trading Spaces. Now he has his own show "Carter Can". He's an
IPC graduate too(Interpersonal and Public Communication-
yay! ).I'm pretty sure we had a couple classes together. He's good friends with Julianne and Craig. I think we watched the homecoming parade back in 2000 on the front lawn of the house he lived in. Before he was "TLC Carter" that is!
Julianne called me that evening after we left to tell me that they had met up with him at the Blackstone! (Gonna have to check her blog for the inside scoop on that!) I think this is pretty much my closest brush with celebrity.. well other than Guy Gordon!
LOL
Here's Julianne and I at the game! They wouldn't let me back into the game with my giant-mug-
o'hot chocolate so I had to stand outside and drink it. :) But I didn't care. It was great to see Julianne. I really miss her!! She and Craig looked great and I am really jealous of her maroon colored leather jacket !

The band! How could I go to homecoming and not watch the band? Although the football team is super good this year we all know where the
real talent is at a college football game! Right here at halftime! The band played a few tunes with alumni too. I don't think I recognized any. I never get invited back to do halftime for some reason..
LOL That's okay though I enjoy watching from the sidelines :) I was also very excited to see that they were wearing the good weather plumes. I loved wearing the feathery plumes. They're my favorite!

Me and Mary at the game! Notice the NEW Video screen in the background! WOW WOW. Things are moving up at Sunny Kelly Shorts Stadium! :)

This is also new. A giant
inflatiable helmet!

Kicking a field goal.. and kicking
Eastern's A$$! FIRE UP CHIPS!

I thought the student section looked pretty awesome and this sign cracked me up!

It was a great game. I'm really happy that Mary talked me into going too. I'm recruiting folks for next year and we'll get a great tailgate together. Better start planning now..
1 comment:
It was so much fun seeing you! Thanks for the coat complement, I love it too! You were looking fabulous as usual and it was so nice to meet your friend Mary. Thanks for the parking lot hug!
Post a Comment