Thursday, April 23, 2009

What Do You Do When You Have a Gallon Of Pepper Rings


So this week we broke down and went to Sam's club. While we were there we picked up a GALLON jug of mild pepper rings. Yes, I did say a GALLON. I posted the pic of the jar of rings next to a VHS tape for size perspective.
Anyhow, we happen to LOVE pepper rings. But how we're gonna get through a gallon of them. I don't know. Well I told my friend Sharon (check out her blog"It's All the Table's Fault" on my link's list!) about our plethora of pepper rings (say that 10 times fast!). She sent me a recipe for something called "Italian Beef". I decided to give it a shot. Although the ingredients are a little wacky for as crock pot recipe, it was "DELISH" and I suggest giving it a shot. Here are the ingredients:
1 jar pepper rings (12 oz not a GALLON)
1 roast
1 jar Italian dressing

Put it all in the crock pot, cook until meat falls apart. Shred meat. Serve over crusty bread. We didn't have crusty bread so I served with noodles. YUMMY!~
Thanks Sharon!




1 comment:

Lisa H said...

Okay, so I made this for a craft party, and everyone LOVED IT!!! I put the jar of pepper rings AND the juice with it. It was good, but too pickly, I think. So I'm making it again today, minus the juice, but plus cayenne pepper. We'll see how this one turns out. :)
Thanks for the ideas!!!