
So last week we discovered that Big A has his first tooth! It's in the very front. This also means we are in the throws of teething. I thought I was ready for this. He is chewing on EVERYTHING! And by everything I mean all things babies should not chew on of course! From attempting to chew on door stoppers, my toes (yes my toes!), and Bella's bone (why don't they make Nylabones for kids?) we are always watching now. What this also means is that we have many restless nights. I thought I could handle it, but mentally I thought at 9 months I'd be getting up a lot less at night. Here's last night's routine:
11:30 bottle
2:30 awake
5:30 awake ( rocked him back to sleep)
7:3o awake for day.
I lost track of the numerous times he work up whining in between. Geesh, I hope we make it!
So far nothing that's made for teething purposes has worked. I'm onto trying out frozen washcloths... any suggestions??
4 comments:
I personally used Tylenol or Motrin. I'm not above drugging the kid if he/she was in pain b/c of their teeth. Some parents don't do the drugs, but I do! I love the drugs!!
Mandy
Thanks Mandy! I think I'm gonna go pick up some Baby Tylenol. So far he's doing better, but he's only got one tooth. There are a lot left to go!
Motrin lasts longer! And I am not beyond putting a dash of whiskey onto a washcloth and rubbing it in. it numbs. Have you tried Hyland's teething tablets?
I like motrin or tylenol for the kids too. Baby Orajel can work. Also I just stock up on a lot of teethers that you can either put in the fridge or freezer. I think switching it up helps them.
Post a Comment