
Okay so I think this line kinda sums up Americans feelings about the French. I have to sorta agree that they are rude if you don't speak French with them! Nonetheless, I had to quote one of my favorite lines from one of my very favorite movies! French Kiss with Kevin Klein and Meg Ryan. This is a fairly old (1995) movie, but a good one! I always liked it but I really appreciated when I actually went to France.
Throughout our few days in France we tried to insert a few of these great quotes. Here are a few lines that Betsy, Nikki and I cited while visiting the home of the Camembert cheese, chocolate mousse and lots of ham and cheese sandwiches. I'm quite sure some of the locals didn't appreciate my fake French laugh and our one liners!! But who cares it was an awesome trip!
BTW, when you read these lines when you read the "Luc" lines read them with a French accent it makes it much more funny.
Kate: So, who is this guy? Luc: Bob. Kate: Bub? Luc: No, no, Bob. You know, like, uh, Bob Dylan? Kate: Oh, Bob. Luc: Oui, Bahb
Kate: Fester, fester, fester. Rot, rot, rot. Luc: I like you. But I don't like the way you say with your face all scrunched up, "you're French, aren't you?" And then I don't like how you say, with your eyes all squinty, "all men are bastards."
Kate: I don't know what they taught you in France, but rude and interesting are not the same things.
Kate: You'll be one of those grumpy old men sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, "My ass is twitching. Your people make my ass twitch."
2 comments:
Cute post. When I went to France everyone was so nice. I had someone letting me borrow their cell phone (Mobile) within 20 minutes of the plane landing because they heard me talking about the hotel and not sure if we had reservations anymore because we landed late. And in Paris everyone is so nice... but maybe they just "tolerate" us Americans in Paris! I used my limited French, but they aways switched to English to help me out!
By the way... have you heard to tell the French you are from England instead of America if they ask because they HATE Americans?
LOVE that movie!!
Post a Comment