Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Frogs, Friends and Flowers

So we've been pretty busy lately working on the outside of the house. The other day we were getting ready to water our flowers when we noticed several frogs in the recessed area by our basement window. I'm not a huge frog fan, but the thought of them stuck down there baking from the sun was too much. Those little guys eat mosquitoes! So we waited for Bob to get home from work to execute Operation Frog Rescue.

Bob climbed down into the hole and grabbed them out one by one. I think there were at least 5 frogs.

This one got tossed out!
I am also really excited because my Iris' finally bloomed! About 4 or 5 years ago I dug up a bunch from my Dad's house that my Mom had planted. They have never bloomed. Last year my sister in law Jodie offered to give me some from her house. This year they ALL bloomed! I am so excited. These are some from my Mom's.

Natalie planned a Malow Jr. High AKA Eisenhower High School reunion at BWs in Shelby. We had quite the turn out! It was awesome to catch up with so many people.


And we all look exactly the same after 17 years! ;) I hope we can get together again soon!

Alex found a caterpillar. He called this "HIS" caterpillar. I tried to explain that these particular caterpillars are evil and kill our trees. He didn't care, he said it was a "nice" caterpillar. And asked me to take his picture with it!


It has actually been HOT out. So we've been playing in the sprinkler :)

How has your summer been so far?














No comments: