Monday, April 4, 2011

Arena Football

So PH got an arena football team. They play where the hockey team plays. I'm not a HUGE football fan but I figured I'd go check it out! Bob's brother Fred invited us to go. I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into but I was open minded. We got there and our 'seats' were in the end zone. Really, there are no seats in the end zone, you just stand. Which is good because if one of the big burly football players comes crashing over the wall, you wanna be able to get out of the way. FAST. The game seems a lot faster than regular NFL football and I thought the players on both teams were very nice. Several times they would come over to the wall and say hello to the kids standing there watching. They also had a dance team for entertainment between quarters. I won't comment on them much, only to say, they should probably be "dancing" at the nearest Gentleman's club. Ahem.
PH played the Chicago Knights. Here is Mell posing near one of the players. BTW, whoever #20 is on the PH team, I hope you are on at the Fort Gratiot Meijer anytime soon, you may be mobbed by Mellissa! ;)

To really show you how close you are in comparison to the field, here's a pic of a player from where I was standing... and that's Bob's hand on the railing. It was really exciting to be so close to the action! At one point a Chicago player tripped on the turf near us and he looked up and said to the people standing watching "SH*$! Who left that there?"

I hope I don't get hit with a ball!!
It was a good time, I think Alex would really enjoy something like this. Now to see if this actually lasts in PH..

No comments: