They had autographs with various players posted all over the park, stadium tours, batting cage practices and lots and lots of kid activites. We thought it would be too cold for small kids so we decided this year to try it out without them!
I thought this was a pretty sweet ice sculpture!
This is actually a photo from Aaron's FB page but it's Elaina with Galaraga (I think I spelled it right!) signing a baseball. They caught up with him later in the day. But I just wanted to post this picture :)I'm pretty sure this guy is my Tiger now!
We had a chance to tour the visiting Team's Dugout and locker room ( I guess in baseball it's called a Clubhouse?). It was very cool. They also had several LARGE TV's in this room too.Here I am in the visitor's dugout. I felt very baseball-ish. It was really cool to stand down there though.
Pretty awesome views!
Anyway,after we covered the dugout and locker rooms and since the Yenglin's and Gelmans-to-be were still waiting in line we decided to head into the "Beer Hall". Yes, that's what it was called. We each ordered a drink (Beer for him, Bailey's and coffee for me!) and sat at the bar. A few minutes later we noticed some camera flashes at the far end of the bar. Another autograph line was in the bar! So we headed down to see who was signing. It was Bobby Seay. He's a picher. Bob seems to like him. We thought being able to see a few players was almost as good as getting an autograph! Here's an extreme closeup of Bob and Boby Seay (he's the bald headed guy sitting down to the right of Bob's face).

Then finally the Yenglin's and GTB (Gelman's-to-be) had gotten their balls signed!!! Here they are proudly holding them!! Unfortunately, I forgot who had signed them at this point but by the end of the day they had a TON of autographs!
We decided to head back to the ice sculpture. Paws the Tiger's mascot was signing autographs and taking pictures. As you can see Sam is a big Paws fan!
After that Bob and I figured we had seen most of the attractions so we decided to head over to the Greektown Casino while the Yenglin's and GTB finished up the attractions. When we left the park I snapped a pic of the big Tiger outside. He's wearing a Carhart jacket!
On the opposite side of the field (nearest Ford Field) there was this big picture of CMU's QB. I had to take a pic. FIRE UP CHIPS!!
After a few hours in the Casino (I won a little bit on computerized roulette!!) we met back up with the Yenglin's and GTB at Pizza Papalis. The absolute best pizza...ever. Seriously. We had to wait a while since it was super crowded downtown. There were many events going on that day (Auto Show, Wing's game, Tiger Fest). Here we are waiting on a table outside the restaurant.
Then finally the Yenglin's and GTB (Gelman's-to-be) had gotten their balls signed!!! Here they are proudly holding them!! Unfortunately, I forgot who had signed them at this point but by the end of the day they had a TON of autographs!
No comments:
Post a Comment