Monday, January 18, 2010

The Golden Globes

So this year I actually got to watch the Golden Globes! Normally I try to watch them and then I get tired of the peanut gallery's running commentary so I change the channel. This year the peanut gallery actually watched it with me.

Unfortunately, there were mainly just pics of the women in their dresses on line but here's my fashion critique :)

Normally I really enjoy Cameron Diaz's sense of style. But I think this color was not "her color". And too much satin for my taste. Satin reminds me of the '80s! I think the style is pretty though.
Jennifer Aniston always looks great! I do really like this dress, although I think it looks a little funky on the left shoulder in this picture. I also really like her hair. She has the same cut but it's always styled differently! And also, she'll always get my vote because Angelina stole her hubby! Grrrr... lol
I really liked the color of this dress and Jennifer Garner always looks nice and put together! And the color is very pretty



This dress is just a mess. I don't know, just not my taste- too poofy. I think with fewer "poofs" it would have been cute! I do like the color...



The peanut gallery at my house referred to this dress' shoulder accessory as a "porcupine with sparkles on it". I totally agree, the porcupines ruined the dress for me. I guess I could handle one on the shoulder but I don't understand the hip one...

Old guys should not have long hair. You make bizillions, get a haircut. Enough said.

Love the bangs and the color of the dress!

Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses. And this is a great dress/color for her!


Your thoughts?






4 comments:

Lisa Haiss said...

I had to write the Golden Globes story/fashion critique for tbt*. Actually, I get to do it for pretty much all of the awards shows now. Things I noticed: Lots of purple and nude dresses. And lots of boobs. Particularly Mariah Carey's. Whoa.

gailiop said...

Yeah, I noticed that too! Mariah needed to leave her "globes" covered! I just saw a video of Mariah from 15 years ago. She has chunked out! I don't feel so bad... lol

Tracie said...

What? You left out the absolute best: Kate Hudson outdid EVERYONE there!!!!! :) Where is/was your pix and comments on her? lol
I got to watch the whole thing also this year. Reese W's bangs are great looking on her also.

gailiop said...

Tracie,
Okay to be honest I didn't really LIKE Kate's dress! I know, I'm crazy. The top was a little too geometrical looking for my taste :)

But she did look great!