Ahh yesss art at it's very best! lol
2007's houses! As you can see we were going for an environmentally friendly/monochromatic look!
Alex, Me, Matt, Kara and Shelby the puppy.
Our finished Products!
Group Shot!
Step One Assemble the Base

Step two, glue on the supports...
Step 3.. decorate!~
Viola! Kara's Beachfront Wedding Gazebo. With an ocean, starfish and palm trees! Martha Stewart eat your heart out!
Here is my house in 'progress'So, my cousin Kara and I had our annual Gingerbread House making day this Sunday. This is something we've done for the past 16 years. Yes I did say 16! The funny part is that these so called 'gingerbread' houses are not made of gingerbread at all. They are constructed of graham crackers! And frosting.. and maybe... some help from a glue gun!
Anyhow, they are truly houses that only a mother and aunt could love. Each year my aunt tells us that this year's house is better than the last. But I think she's just justifying our 16 years of crazy gingerbread/graham cracker houses! We have fun doing them though and really don't care what anyone thinks. A few years ago we started constructing our houses based on themes. One year we did a casino complete with Elvis photo in memory of our Grandma Elsie. This year our theme was 'weddings' and 'babies'. Kara did hers based on her upcoming wedding in Jamaica. It is very awesome. If you look closely you'll notice that it's a cabana on the ocean, with a beautiful arch and seats for guests. She's decorated it with some beautiful candy flowers and added a classic touch with a starfish and palm/pretzel trees. I added my own touch which would be a rum runner! :) Made of a mini marshmellow with yellow frosting and a toothpick as a straw!
My house is well, ah, interesting. I'd say the roof is about the best part it has going for it. And maybe the so called "candles" in the windows. But either way it is fun. Maybe someday this will be considered modern art. Maybe one day we should try drinking while we do this and see how they come out!! Yes, this is sober artwork :)
One thing I do know from these pictures... is that I look TIRED! Apparently 5 1/2 months of limited sleep is catching up with me! lol
One thing I do know from these pictures... is that I look TIRED! Apparently 5 1/2 months of limited sleep is catching up with me! lol

1 comment:
They look fabulous! You look fabulous!
Post a Comment