
That's what I'm going to call my new favorite dish. Crunchtastic cole slaw. Okay seriously though. I made it for a get together this weekend. I make an entire head of cole slaw and this is what I had left (picture). That's amazing! I never make anything where everyone is gobbling it up that way. I am very excited. SO now this is my dish to bring to Christmas. Maybe I should bring some gas-ex with me too lol.
Here's the recipe if you want to give it a shot. If you like crunchy stuff, I highly suggest trying this!
3/4 c butter
1 pkg coleslaw (16oz)
2 packages Ramen noodles (one oriental, one chicken)
1 green onion (I used more than one)
1c slivered almonds (2.5 oz package)
1.15 to 5.0 oz sunflower seeds (de shelled of course!) roasted and salted
1/2 cup oil
3T sugar
3T vinegar
Break up ramen noodles into small pieces. Brown noodles, almonds, and seeds in butter. Don't burn! Set aside.
In shaker mix noodle flavor packets with oil, vinegar and sugar. Shake and chill.
Within 15 minutes of serving add onion to coleslaw mix and add ramen noodle/nut mixture. Add dressing, mix well and serve! YUM Crunchtastic cole slaw!
No comments:
Post a Comment