Sunday, October 17, 2010

Leaf Me Alone-October Edition

Since we are in fall mode here and the days are getting shorter and colder, I decided to take advantage of a nice day and take Alex and Bella over to my Dad's to run around. My Dad's place is ideal sometimes because he has lots of trees to run around and through as well as a FENCE. So nobody can run into a road or street :)

Since he has so many trees he also has a lot of leaves. He raked a few together for Alex to run through.
At first he was a little unsure about it...
Then he really enjoyed it!
Of course, if we are at Grandpa's we must feed the birds.. everyone even Bella gets in on this too!
Since it was so nice out, we decided to take them for a walk.
Since Bella can only make it about a block (come on she's a Bulldog after all, we all know they're not athletic!) We dropped her off and the stroller and Grandpa and Sandi took Alex for a really walk down Solar Drive (That's the street name, whoever built the subdivision was really into the Solar System).
This pic is a bit out of order, but this is Quigley, my Dad's bird. Well actually, this was my Grandma Alice's bird, but when she passed away a few years ago my Dad inherited him. Quigley was a gift from me and my Dad to my Grandma Alice when I was a SOPHOMORE IN HIGH SCHOOL. Apparently, we missed the detail that said Cockatiel's live for a very, very long time. Quigley is great though. He's a crabby old man trapped in a bird's body and a dirty cage.

Alex didn't want to end the walk so Grandpa had to carry him back. I think they enjoyed it.
After that we decided to run over to the nearest elementary school playground. I went to this school up until the second grade. Then they closed the school for low enrollment. Back in the day Shelby Twp was the "country" and enrollment was really low. It was an awesome school and has now reopened. I'm pretty sure this is a slide that was there when I attended!
It was a really fun day and we hope to revisit the playground soon!

No comments: