Friday, October 29, 2010

Fleece Hat

I've been looking for a new winter hat for Alex. I haven't found one I like yet (maybe because girls always get the cute stuff made for them!). Anyhow, I decided to take matters into my own hands and try making one. I found a few patterns online that involved sewing. I am okay at sewing, but if it involves a sewing machine I am out. I checked out youtube and found something there that looked easy enough and they used fabric GLUE. So I was in!

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and lucky me all their fleece was 50% off this week. I found this cute UofM pattern remnant and decided to give it a shot. I didn't have fabric glue, so I hand sewed it together and here we are! It's not perfect but it's a start...

I put it on him and instantly he smiled, although I think he was just humoring me!


Later I returned and he had put it back on himself! Maybe we have a winner!

If you are interested in the pattern, let me know and I can send it to you. But I think I might just make these as cute gifts for Alex's friends, they are easy!


1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

Very impressive! It looks like it fits him perfectly!