Friday, July 16, 2010

Vitamin Z

My work hosted a get together at the Zoo again this year. Bob decided that he would make the trek with us to get our annual dose of Vitamin Z. It was truly a family day!

Well Mother Nature decided that it was going to be super hot and humid on this day. So when we arrived we headed straight to the back to the Polar Bears. Where we all know they've got the A/C right? Anyhow, this is my favorite part of the zoo. It's an amazing exhibit and as you can probably tell from the pics it's a favorite part of the zoo for a lot of other people too!



Here is the bear rubbing his bunz on the roof of the tube. Talk about up close and personal!!

I'm not sure I've ever seen the hippo out of water at the zoo before. Here he/she is. My favorite part about the Hippo was that Alex offered to share his pretzel sticks with him/her! He is a good sharer :)


The zoo also has a feature where you can feed the giraffes. Someday I'd like to try that with Alex. I think he'd get a kick out of them. But for now, here are just some pics.
Since the day was so hot many of the animals were just hiding in the shade. We did see a Peacock strutting around though. It's kinda hard to see based on this pic but he is back there. Alex was a little unsure of him this big bird that made loud noises.
I'm not a huge Gorilla fan. But this guy was sitting there staring at everyone. It was a little intimidating. He was even banging on his chest at one point.


It was a great zoo trip. We didn't stay very long because of the heat but it was still really fun!





No comments: