Last week my little guy turned two! I can hardly believe he is two. The changes over the past year are so
immeasurable and huge I just can't express it. He's gone from baby to BOY. I capitalize BOY because everything about him is just so BOY and masculine. He is a "guy's guy" to put it simply. It's pretty awesome! He's learned to talk, walk (I mean RUN), yell, act like a dinosaur, perfect his own party trick called the "Surprise Face", call his Daddy"Bob", say Grandpa, dance like crazy (especially to Pearl Jam) and do so many more things that I don't have the space to write about. We are so very proud of him and each day he makes me laugh more and more.
We were not planning to have a party this year. Just with summertime activities and having such a big 1st birthday we thought we'd keep it simple.
Apparently that's not possible! So many people asked what we were doing for his birthday that it eventually turned into the "12 Days of Alex's Birthday" so I ended up shooting out a note to let peeps we were going to have a gathering...
Here is my
synopsis of birthday number two.. in photos :)

I took the day off from work (okay well tried to take a day off but as I am finding out days off don't really
exist these days...). Anyhow, I had received a few coupons from
TRU. One coupon was for a Thomas the Train toy piece valued around $11. Who can pass up anything free from
TRU valued at $11?? Not me. So off we went! After much deliberation with the
TRU cashier over which piece of the
TTT set the coupon applied to ..this is what he got. A little wooden helicopter.named Harold And let me tell you this is one of his favorite birthday toys (no, not the bird suet cake in the photo!). Good thing we went to
TRU!

Bob and I got him a portable DVD player for his birthday a few weeks ago. But let's be honest, when you're two you just don't get the significance and "coolness" of having your very own portable DVD player so I just had to get him something. Remembering how much he liked the water table at Devon's house I just had to pick him one up!
Good thing I did b/c that table is hours of watery, wet summer fun!

Here he is checking on the cooler to ensure we are ready for guests...

Then to the good part! Presents! Here are his big cousins David and Sam helping him get some of them open!

Here's Kyle, Alex's new buddy helping him get presents unwrapped too...
He also got his own Slip n Slide/water Hopscotch toy ...

Group shot of all Alex's cousins...

I thought it would be cool to have huge/
over sized cupcakes instead of cake. Too bad they didn't come out as
over sized as I hoped...

Oh well, Alex liked eating them :) BTW his face looks funny in this pic b/c of an anti-blur mode on my camera...

Tucker seemed to like them too!


Aunt Jodie and her cool summery outfit!

Hey who is that brown haired, tired looking lady? It's me! I had fun at the birthday gathering too..

David and his girlfriend brought Alex a present too! It's a Construction set with a Drill (that moves),
safety glasses, nuts, bolts, etc. This toy has been a hit! Although, I don't think Bella would agree as she's been the chased by it a few times :)
No comments:
Post a Comment