It was an awesomely fun time! Alex and Ayla had a great time. They watched Dora 24/7 while we were inside! Which was a little overwhelming but it served as a great babysitter!! :) Our cabin had 3 bedrooms with full baths, a theater (yes I did say theater!) game room (with Golden Tee!), a pool table, air hockey, and a hot tub outside! The name of our cabin was Eternally Yours (as seen below). Essentially our Spring Break was 4 days of beer, bears and fun times!
Here are Aaron, Natalie and Elaina scoping out the bear while Sam and Bob walked down the road to entice Mama bear as a lunch option....
Then we discovered that there were multiple "bears" including another cub and a "momma" bear. I didn't get good pics of them though b/c they ran away toward the garbage dumpster. But here are two of the cubs. I posted a short video at the bottom..

The first day we were there Elaina and I took the kids on a walk. (This was prior to our bear encounter of course!). As you can tell from our attire, this is the day we arrived... But not to worry, those are margaritas in the cups! (not the sippy cups, but the big ones!) And yes, sigh, I do have a Twilight cup!
Here's a few of the cabins down the hill from us.. a lot of them!
Essentially it's all things good -cheese, one can of rotelle tomatoes, mayo, garlic and onion...yep crack dip 2010~
Our Guesstures rule was that the loosing team had to drink a shot of something. Here are the boys drinking to their loss. I also think that this game solidifies the fact that Elaina, Natalie and I share the same brain. Honestly, I think we do. Because I have no idea how we guessed some of our clues..
In true Spring Break fashion we started a Beeramid. And of course I knocked it down a few times...

On our third day we decided to leave the cabin and ventured to downtown Gatlinburg. Here's the daddy stroller possee...
Since the GTB had never visited Gatlinburg we decided to take the tram to the top. Then we paired up and took the chairlift to the top. Elaina was my chairlift partner while the daddy possee entertained the kids.
Here's a pic of the GTB on the way back down, down a really, really long way!

After we got back we took the kids to check out the indoor skating rink.
After all of that ,we were starving so Super Chef Sam whipped up some of his awesome ribs! I highly suggest taking a seasoned cook with you on trips like this. You will never starve, you will learn some new cooking techniques and eat very well every day! Thanks Sam!!

Bob serving up some shots of a new drink we found. It was a pumpkin shot. Smelled like a pumpkin Yankee candle. Really, it did. It reminded us of eating a butterscotch candy with a splash of pumpkin. Hopefully we can find it around here somewhere to try again!
A while ago we decided to have a Sangria night on our trip. Only Sangria night turned into Sangria nights. Elaina had brought a box of Sangria. However to speed things up she also decided to accompany the Sangria with some beer shots..
On our third day we decided to leave the cabin and ventured to downtown Gatlinburg. Here's the daddy stroller possee...
Here's a pic of the GTB on the way back down, down a really, really long way!
After we got back we took the kids to check out the indoor skating rink.
Bob serving up some shots of a new drink we found. It was a pumpkin shot. Smelled like a pumpkin Yankee candle. Really, it did. It reminded us of eating a butterscotch candy with a splash of pumpkin. Hopefully we can find it around here somewhere to try again!
No comments:
Post a Comment