Friday, April 30, 2010

Dialated eyes, weak retna spots and housewarmings. All in one week!

I haven't written a post in a while so I thought I'd write one today. Please bear with me though as I just went to a 'retinal specialist' appt . Apparently I just have a weak spot in my retina. The retina looks great...come back in 12 months they say. Cha-ching!The appointment wasn't bad but the interpersonal skills of the office staff could have been better. They took me in the back, dilated my eyes with some drops that burned like hell and then sent me on my way to ANOTHER waiting room. I waited there for 30 more minutes and then I saw the Dr. Apparently no big issues with the eye. Which I pretty much knew b/c I never had any issues ..

I wouldn't have minded the appt except for the dilation. This has made my vision very blurry and driving was super tough getting home. I wish they had warned me ahead of time. And it didn't' help that it's like the sunniest day of the year today! I guess I now know how my driving skills will be when I'm 80! Sorry to anyone following me today....:)

We went to a housewarming party this past weekend for our friends Tim and Maryann. If you don't know Tim, he was in our wedding party and Maryann was his date (she wore the great blue dress!!) I know Maryann is a blog reader so I wanted to post the nice pictures she sent from the party!

We had a GREAT time. Alex sorta behaved himself but did great because there were other little boys there. I think Tim and Maryann have a beautiful home. It's very similar to my Aunt Diane's house! So if you've ever visited her place you get the point! Tim and Maryann also have some super nice friends (which of course we all know that because WE are their friends,WINK!). Anyhow it was nice to catch up with them since we don't see them all that often.

Here's a pic Maryann sent of she and I and her SIL Katie (also a CMU Alumni! Did someone say FIRE UP!?) who made some scrumptious peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies! YUM.
...BTW I have no idea why my face is so orange looking. I didn't use hardly any makeup that day except for powder. So note to anyone, if my face seriously looks this orange all the time, please tell me. It won't hurt my feelings. lol! It's sorta cool that I look tan, but I don't ever tan so not sure what's happening here...

Bob and Alex enjoying the spacious, wooded backyard. And I think also scoping out the neighbor's HEATED DRIVEWAY! Yes I did say that the neighbor has a heated driveway! I think that's an awesome idea. I also think that Al Gore is going to come knocking on said neighbor's door any day now ...

Me and Alex. I never get very many pics of the two of us so here's one! Again with the orange/tan face. I think It's time for a visit to the Clinique counter!


It was a great day and we had a wonderful time!

No comments: