Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Events 2010

This easter was so busy. I think I am still recovering from being so busy! It was a great time though. Alex is really beginning to understand things and he loves being around people. So spending the morning with Bob's family and the afternoon with mine really was exciting for him!

We dyed easter eggs on Saturday. As you can tell he was really exited to try it out! I think he "might" look a little like me in this picture...
Here he is saying "Cheese!" and showing us his party trick. The "Surprise Face". Every time I say "Show us your surprise face!" He gives us this look. It's hilarious. I'll never get tired of it.
Here's another version of the "Surprise Face". As you can tell he got Bob's looks and my sense of humor :)

On Easter Sunday we headed over to the in-laws. They make a traditional Polish breakfast called Bosh. Bob loves his Bosh. I'm pretty sure he could eat this and boiled dinner daily (great for the 'ol colon!). Bosh consists of kelbasa, pork sausage (homemade by my FIL), chunks of bread (your choice-rye, pumpernickel or wheat), hardboiled egg, ham chunks and a broth (not quite sure what it's made of). You can also add vinegar and horseradish too. Not everyone likes Bosh but I do. It is quite yummy and a fun tradition to look forward to!




Here's Rick, Sam and Kyle enjoying Bosh.




Then because the weather was so nice, we took the party outside! Alex got his first try with sidewalk chalk. I think it was a hit!

Then it was time for the Easter Egg hunt! Each year it's a little different. Here's my FIL giving out the instructions to the adults.

Alex and Tucker got their own egg hunt. Last year Bob carried him and he grabbed the eggs. This year he ran to grab them!


Then the party got really exciting! We played this fun dice game. Everyone brings a cheesy $1 store gift. Then everyone stands at a table and roles a pair of dice.If you role doubles, you can get a gift, but you can't open it. Each time you role doubles you get another gift. Eventually the gifts run out and so then you steal a gift from someone else that's playing.
Total game time is 15 minutes and by the end of the 15 minutes you feel like you just ran a marathon! After the time's up you open all the gifts you "won". It's hilarious. I didn't win anything but Mike won my prize! Inside I put a small loaf of homemade chocolate chip zucchini bread. A box of peeps, some other easter candy and topped the whole gift off with two trading cards of the Twlight characters Edward and Bella! I am sure that this made Mike's day to get the Edward and Bella cards!! :) Mike is a good sport and posed for this picture!


And of course a gratutious food shot. Jodie makes awesome sugar cookies. They are so pretty. So I had to take a picture. I think I'm inspired to try some fun cookies... maybe..
After that we went home for a clothing change and headed to Centerline for a Ruppert Easter. Unfortunately, my camera battery died. But here's a photo of Alex playing with Aunt Carol's dog Coco. He loved her! I think because she let him hug her a lot! It was a wonderful day!















No comments: