This morning we took Alex to get a haircut. He was beginning to get a mullet so we figured it was time. Afterward we were trying to figure out what to do. It seemed like last weekend there were a lot of winter festivals and stuff going on but this week nothing! So, seeing as it was almost lunch time we decided to head up to the Palms Krystal Restaurant/Bar. It's not actually only a bar but a restaurant/bar (which you know, makes it so much more acceptable to take your child to!). Anyhow, they are very well known for their fried chicken (they sell Chicken in the Rough chicken, which I guess is a brand of fried chicken?) and other yummy things. This was only my second trip to the restaurant but it just has some cool atmosphere. When you walk in it feels like an old diner from the 30s and 30s. Of course it's an older restaurant and in a really old building. So it totally helps with the ambiance! And based on the sign apparently it opened in 1936 which must explain the old feeling!

We played Keno and pull tabs. I actually won $4 on pull tabs! If you aren't familiar with pull tabs they are lottery ticket things that have tabs on them. You purchase them for around $1/each. Most of them have 3 or 4 tabs that you pull off to reveal if you won or not. It's kinda similar to a scratch off ticket but without the having to scratch. Here's Bob and Alex coming back from scanning the Keno tickets..

This place had deep fried pickles on the menu. I LOVE deep fried pickles. If you've never had them TRY THEM. Of course you know they're totally unhealthy, but a great treat. Anybody have any good recipes for them? I'd love to try making them sometime..

It was a great time. Alex actually ate a lot of food. But I think that was because he's recently discovered that ranch dressing exists. I'm not a fan of adding a ton of condiments to food because of the salt content and all the FAT. I love ranch too but I never use/buy it because of the fat and salt. Anyway, I think the ranch made it a little tastier for him! He even ate the deep fried pickles!
What wonderful things we are teaching our child 1) hang out a bar/restaurants and gamble 2) eat fattening foods and then add more fat and calories by topping them off with ranch dressing. But at least he is enjoying himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment