Monday, August 31, 2009

Wedding Cakes

So my BFF Natalie is getting married next year. As a bridesmaid I know it's my official job to scope out all cool wedding things and inform her of them. On Saturday I was at Red Knapps in downtown Rochester (they have the BEST chocolate milkshakes btw!). Next door to the restaurant is a bakery. They had a bunch of wedding cakes on display in the window. We went inside too to check them out. I only had my camera phone and I didn't want to look like an idiot taking pictures so some of these aren't the best quality.

Here's my editorial on the cakes:

This is a pretty standard looking cake. However, if you look closely you'll notice each of the tiers has words written on them! I really thought this was an awesome idea!

I thought the colors and scroll work on this one was pretty sweet...
Okay so these cakes. I totally took this pic on the sly that's why it's blurry. But I really liked the yellow/red combo on the left cake. And it had the words printed on there too! I wish it wasn't as blurry though! And the cake on the right was pretty awesome. I wish I was that talented!





No comments: