Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wedding Fun!

This past weekend we attending the wedding of our nephew David to our new niece Rachel.  It was a wonderful ceremony and reception. Alex did very well considering this was his first time at a wedding and his first time in church! It was a great day and we are so happy to have had the opportunity to share it with them :)

Here is the happy couple walking down the aisle after the ceremony. I took a few more pics but they didn't come out so great. But as you can tell everything went beautifully!
Since they got married on Cinco de Mayo we stopped at the Adair Bar (an obvious spot to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Joke!) for a couple margaritas before the reception.
The reception was at the Perch Point Conservation Club (right down the road from our house!Yay!). The decorations were so cute. Twinkle lights hung from the ceiling and each table was decorated with a burlap runner, mason jars and photo of the couple. So cute!

Fortunately, we got to sit at the same table as these three pretty ladies!!

This has got to be one of the most creative wedding cakes I've seen in person. Birch bark with the couples initials carved on the side. Really awesome. I think someone has been looking at Pinterest! Fortunately I got to sneak a bite of the two pieces Alex ate. It was super yummy.

When we arrived everyone had a tin can filled with candy with their names and table number printed on them. Great idea and also a great way to recycle :) Two for one!

 
The very happy Grandparents! Don't they look snazzy?

 
Here is the head table centerpiece. David and Rachel each had their own "redneck wineglass" (see Pelc Christmas post), but with Mr. and Mrs. etched on them.


Alex and one of his most favorite people.. Taylor!


The grand entrance!

 
I just liked the combo of Elk and Moose heads with twinkle lights...


We also got to sit with Allie and Freddie!



Cheese! I mean squeeze!

 
Three handsome boys!
Beautiful Bree. I can remember when she was just "DeeJay BreeJay" now she's all grown up!


Happy parents!

 


They had a photo booth too! Here are Cheryl and Mike waiting for the photo booth. Thirty seconds after I took this picture they knocked over the photo booth. They know how to have fun!!!
Allie and Fred. I think red and sparkly is definitely Allie's color!

Here is our photo from the photobooth. I snuck in with the Dubay's. Cute, cute!

Alex and his BFF Corey.
And with his other BFF David.
David, Rachel and groomsman Kyle.

The happy couple with the Pelc's!
When it was time for dancing, the boys really got to it. I think  the highlight of my night, was watching Alex and Tucker dance.

Tucker had some sweet moves. As you can tell from this picture!

Photographer Kelly with her mom Cheryl.
Kristie and Tucker. Love the sunglasses!!

I think the look on his face sums up this photo perfectly. Watch out all you kindergarten ladies!
I think Saturday Night Fever has been playing in the Corby house....

The folks who taught Tucker all his dance moves! I think Jud is secretly hoping a claw game machine with appear at the reception.....

 


Miss. Allie!

Learning the YMCA!
Kyle and Grandma.

David was so sweet and spent some fun time with Alex. I thought it was so nice of him to take time out. I know Alex really enjoyed being chased through the hall by his big cousin!

Sam, Corey and Alex, they're all so pretty :)
Ah ha! Kyle and Tracie!

No wedding can ever be complete with out these two sweet ladies and polka! Roll out the barrel! I wish this picture came out a little better, but I think it's obvious they are having fun :)

Did someone say beer?
Two cuties. You don't think Alex likes Sam very much do ya?
"Sampling" the candy inside of our seating assignment can.
This picture downloaded weird. But either way I had to post it. He was so excited to wear his first suit! He was such a sweetie and had a wonderful time.


As you can see it was a great day/evening. We had such a wonderful time. Everything was just great. I think my feet are still recovering from all the dancing I did! Best wishes to David and Rachel and thanks for including us in your special day!

No comments: