Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Very Piratey 3rd Birthday

Well it's official, Alex is really 3! We had a fun birthday get together with family the day before his birthday at our house. And I really now need to clean out the toy room because we have a LOT more toys. Thank you to everyone for coming to celebrate with us!



The Sutton's gave him some cool Pirate Swords. Alex loves them and Bella is especially happy about getting some swords in the house ;0


We made Mud Cake. YUM. Thank you Natalie for the recipe!
Here is Alex practicing his Pirate


He told me he wanted a blue cake and a candle for his birthday. So we made blue cupcakes with blue frosting. When he saw his cupcakes he said "Aww Mommy, thank you!". I love it!


I should also add that I got stung by a bee before everyone arrived. It was in the house and I tried to squish it with my shoe. It flew out from under my shoe before it was dead and stung me between my pinky finger and next finger. It was a yellow jacket or a wasp or something. Either way, this is what my hand looked like before it swelled up to 3 times it's normal size. OWWWWIE


Happy Birthday Alex!


Fist bump with Daddy for blowing out the candle!


Sword fighting with Chad!


Presents! Alex also told me he wanted a Treasure Chest. So I made him one out of a wooden box I picked up from Michael's. My Dad found some 'treasure' to put inside. I think he really liked it! Either way it was really fun to make :)


A Captain Jack Sparrow Action figure from Aunt Diane and Uncle Bruce!


Corey liked the pirate hats!


Cooking up some food on his new BBQ~



Aunt Diane and Grandma Cindy hanging out on the deck.


When I was a kid we would go to Disney World with my Grandparents and Aunt Diane, Uncle Bruce and Kara. My Dad and Uncle Bruce always enjoyed Pirates of the Caribbean. They would also say "We Wants the Redhead" at the part where a redheaded character is being chased by a pirate. Here they are reenacting that scenario complete with pirate hats!


Grandma and Grandpa Pelc guarding the Treasure Chest! ARRG!


I'm pretty sure this is my favorite picture from the whole night. I wish we could see Jodie's face better. But either way, I think it's a great picture! I love it!


Cooking out again with Curtis. I wish I was as tan as Curtis!


Aunt Diane playing with the BBQ

ARGH Matey! Happy 3rd birthday to the best Pirate in the world!


I had to try out the Pirate hat too :)