Yesterday Alex and I made sugar cookies from scratch. My SIL Jodie always makes the best sugar cookies and she makes hers from scratch so I decided to give it a shot. I had a bunch of cookie cutters and I found the recipe online and it was really easy and best of all, I had all of the ingredients at home. (Which almost never happens when I find a new recipe!). Alex did a great job helping. I hope this is something we can do together every year.
Here is is when he discovered the spatula. He's ensuring the cookies are okay on the cooling rack...
That same day Allie had a Cheer Demo at the high school. It was really cool to see their routine.
Afterward Alex ran around the gym with Courtney and Freddie. It's a new school, so the floor was really slick and good for sliding. I'm sure the school really appreciated this!
Flashback to last Saturday. Bob's work Holiday Party. This year they hosted the event at the Thomas Edison Inn. Here's a pic of the Blue Water Bridge from our room.
As usual it was fun and the company was very generous with an awesome meal (read: PRIME RIB!) and open bar. Here I am with Carol and Stephanie her daughter-in-law to be. These girls are fun! There was a HUGE Christmas tree in the room also (you can kinda see it behind me). It was a really fun party. There was a wedding in the other hall. That's where all the drama began. To save you a big story, I'll let you picture the type of wedding, picture this wedding dress in your mind: "The bride wore a partially see-through dress". As in he mid portion of her wedding dress was almost non-existent. I wish I had thought to get a picture. I think that explains the entire wedding and wedding party right there. Well, that and Bob and I ran into the Groom later in the night carrying a pitcher of beer and telling us he "lost" 3 of his groomsmen. CLASSY
Here's me and Bob making crazy faces...
The next day we got our first official snow storm of winter. I took Alex outside for a bit to play in the snow. We built "Nomans" aka: Snowman's. He loved it! He was more interested in putting the sticks into frosty .
Here we are out to eat. To keep him busy we got dessert. As you can see he really enjoyed it!

Bob and I decided we wanted to try Egg Nog. I found a bottle of Evan William's Egg Nog at Meijer (yes it's the kind with booze in it, but if you're gonna have NOG you'd better do it right!). We put some into my Grandma's special Christmas glasses and wrapped up some presents. It was kinda tasty. Not something I'd drink all the time, in fact I think it's probably better as a shot than a drink. I think Grandma Elsie would be happy that we put her glasses to good use!
Happy Holiday's!
Here's me and Bob making crazy faces...
The next day we got our first official snow storm of winter. I took Alex outside for a bit to play in the snow. We built "Nomans" aka: Snowman's. He loved it! He was more interested in putting the sticks into frosty .
Here we are out to eat. To keep him busy we got dessert. As you can see he really enjoyed it!
Bob and I decided we wanted to try Egg Nog. I found a bottle of Evan William's Egg Nog at Meijer (yes it's the kind with booze in it, but if you're gonna have NOG you'd better do it right!). We put some into my Grandma's special Christmas glasses and wrapped up some presents. It was kinda tasty. Not something I'd drink all the time, in fact I think it's probably better as a shot than a drink. I think Grandma Elsie would be happy that we put her glasses to good use!
Happy Holiday's!
No comments:
Post a Comment