Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gingerbread House/Tent Day 2009


So this year we had our Gingerbread day early in December. It was very fun but more of a challenge with a 16 month old tugging on your sleeve while trying to glue.. I mean, frost a "gingerbread house".



This year, Kara and Matt and their two furry children Shelby and Vegas came to make the houses with us! Matt, Bob and Uncle Bruce watched the Lions game (debacle) and hung out while we made our houses.To occupy Big A, Aunt Diane bought him his very own TENT! It is an awesome tent. Personally, I wish they made these when I was a kid! Anyhow, before constructing our house we decided to play in the tent. (FYI, if you want a tent I'm pretty sure she got it at Target!!)
Big A had a great time playing with the pooches. I'm pretty sure he thought Shelby and Vegas were real versions of his stuffed animal puppy!



Big A and Vegas the puppy playing in the tent.

I even fit inside the tent!


Group shot!



Here he is giving Vegas a big hug. Thank goodness Vegas didn't seem to mind a hug!
Matt joined us for a picture when all of our houses were done. Shelby is the dog on top!
Our finished product. I think the theme of this year's houses are 'Recession Gingerbread'.

Mine was Smokey Mtn Tennessee inspired. Here is my porch with seat, bonfire and woodpile.

Kara working hard on her house!











2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I am so impressed! You both always come up with the cutest ideas!

Weiss Women said...

And my kids love tents too! We have a series of them by Playhut that collapse right down to nothing. Loads of fun!