

So it's that time of year again. Corn time. Around where we live there are a lot of Corn fields. Probably not as many as say Nebraska, but it seems to me there are a lot :)
Every fall some of our friends/relatives have Corn Roasts. We went to two this past weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera to the first one. But I did the second! They are fun, usually there is a lot of food (corn obviously!), games, drinks and campfires.
I went to my first corn roast a few years ago. I was surprised to find that the corn is left in the husk, soaked in sugar water and then grilled over a fire pit. (I guess when you live in the city if you BBQ Corn over an open pit they consider that to be arson ;) So I had never been to one before.) Really though, I think the corn is just an excuse to have a great party!!
These pictures are from my SIL's (sister in law) cabin/camp up north. They actually have a corn field next to their place. So it makes the Corn theme all that much better with a field right there :) Also because of the corn they have hundreds of deer that show up in the field behind their place! I think this cabin/camp may be a hunter's dream...
Bob loves corn. In fact I think he may love corn more than beer. Wait, okay, that's not true :) Anyhow, he's been known to eat 4 or 5 ears at a corn roast. This picture is his first ear of the day. It was a great time and we were exhausted when we came home :)
Can't wait for next year's corn roasts :)
Every fall some of our friends/relatives have Corn Roasts. We went to two this past weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera to the first one. But I did the second! They are fun, usually there is a lot of food (corn obviously!), games, drinks and campfires.
I went to my first corn roast a few years ago. I was surprised to find that the corn is left in the husk, soaked in sugar water and then grilled over a fire pit. (I guess when you live in the city if you BBQ Corn over an open pit they consider that to be arson ;) So I had never been to one before.) Really though, I think the corn is just an excuse to have a great party!!
These pictures are from my SIL's (sister in law) cabin/camp up north. They actually have a corn field next to their place. So it makes the Corn theme all that much better with a field right there :) Also because of the corn they have hundreds of deer that show up in the field behind their place! I think this cabin/camp may be a hunter's dream...
Bob loves corn. In fact I think he may love corn more than beer. Wait, okay, that's not true :) Anyhow, he's been known to eat 4 or 5 ears at a corn roast. This picture is his first ear of the day. It was a great time and we were exhausted when we came home :)
Can't wait for next year's corn roasts :)
1 comment:
yummmm....corn! We do it right out here too! love,J
Post a Comment