
Yes, I did say that it's INTERNATIONAL talk like a pirate day! Every Sept 19th! Is this a great excuse to drink some Captain Morgans or what?! Since it is 'international" day I wondered how does a German speak pirate? I really have no idea but the website below can translate it into German for you! . All I know is that Talk like a Pirate Day is very cool. I learned about this very cool holiday from my co-workers a few years back. We try to incorporate a little pirate speak into our meetings on these days. http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
Everytime I think of a pirate I picture my Dad and Uncle Bruce at Disney World on the Pirates of the Carribean Ride yelling "We Want's the Redhead!" as they watched some animitronic pirate chase an animatronic red head woman around a well.. Ahhh those were the days...
So to celebrate this fun and exciting holiday the right way, you must first determine what your "Pirate" name is! Mine is Pirate Carmen the Ochre. Not sure what an Ochre is... hopefully it is not pirate for Ogre! But you can figure your pirate name at this link http://gangstaname.com/pirate_name.php
Wondering how you might say somethin in Pirate Speak? Well let me translate for you...
http://www.talklikeapirate.com/translator.html Let's say you wanted to say "I'd like a beer please" Well in Pirate it would be: ,"I'm ready for a grog ". Let's say you needed to use the ladies room...,"whar be t' bathroom. See ! How handy is this? Try it today and bring a little pirate into your life ;)
Leave me a post in pirate!
3 comments:
Me new pirate name be Pirate Misty the Disgruntled. Arrrr!!!
And me new pirate name be Smugglin' Beatrice Napier. Arrr matey this be hot!
OMG that's a hilarious name!!
Post a Comment