Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas 2011

This year's Christmas was a little different from years past. Generally we celebrate Christmas Eve with the Pelc's and then Christmas day we head to the McKenzie's. But seeing as the Pelc Christmas was two days before Christmas and the McKenzie's were in Texas for baby Hudson's birth, we stayed home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This is a huge change for me. Since I was a kid we always went somewhere or had the whole family over on Christmas day.

This year we invited Grandpa Jerry over for Christmas and Grandpa and Grandma Pelc too.

But first we had to open presents. This year, just like every other year, we pretty much had to wake Alex up to open presents. (How does that happen??).



Alex said he had two favorite presents. Underwear and Iron Man. Here is Iron Man.


Here is underwear. :)



Santa brought a hunting game for Alex and daddy!

Santa also brought an Electric Turkey Fryer!


A new Spiderman blanket and pillow!

 

And a dinosaur!! It moves and roars! This is what Alex asked Santa for this year. Thank goodness Santa shops on Black Friday! :)

I think the dinosaur was a hit!

Santa even brought an iPad!  Alex wasn't thrilled about the iPad until Angry Birds was installed...

Grandpa Jerry came by later on. He got some fruitcake. Yes, people actually do like fruitcake!

 
We found some presents that Santa forgot. Daddy, Grandpa and Alex each got their own remote controlled cars! Which is falling to the ground in this photo...

 
Santa also left Daddy a special present in the fridge! A can of Steel Reserve. I think Santa found this on sale at Kroger...
Alex got a Leapster Explorer from Grandpa
And a bowling center!

 
We cooked a turkey in the roaster. I also tried White Castle stuffing.  Yes, White Castle stuffing. You get your burgers without anything on em, crush em up, add some spices, broth and cook. Voila, stuffing! We also had sauerkraut (a Ruppert tradition!) with Smoke House kielbasa, mashed potatoes and a salad. (Just to add something healthy to the mix.)


I tried to get a few nice photos with Alex but he was pretty wound up so these are the best I could do. But I think you can tell he enjoyed himself on Christmas!

It was a great holiday!

No comments: