
So the day arrived! Kara's shower! Although she has a few months left until baby Veeder arrives we decided to have the shower early to make it easy to travel! As you can see Kara looks great!
As I write this post I remember going to Aunt Diane's shower when she was having Kara! It was at Camp Ticonderoga on Rochester Road in Troy. The most I remember is playing a game where we all gave Aunt Diane suggestions for baby names. I think that's a pretty good memory because I was around 6 years old when I attended that shower! :) (BTW, my name suggestion at Aunt Diane's shower was the name Kara! Maybe Kara will take my baby name suggestion this time.... Wink!)
Anyhow! The shower was at Macaroni Grill in Auburn Hills. The same location as Kara's wedding shower. My Aunt Diane sent out the invites and they were so cute! :)
A few of the pics are out of order but here is a pic of Kara opening the "Diaper Cake". I thought it was pretty neat!
This is a picture of Kara, Katie and Sophie after the shower in front of the restaurant. I took this one on my phone so it came out really bright!
Ok, so let's get to the beginning. The theme was 'jungle" I think Katie and Aunt Diane did a great job pulling it together! I took this pic to post on FB and I didn't realize that at that moment Kara was arriving! If you look closely you can see her walking down the hall!
Aunt Diane did a cute little table with some Kara pics. The pics are attached to straws and inserted in jars of bubble gum. Clever! ( I don't know why the entries keep showing up as hyperlinks.. sorry!)
We had two tables,each table had a balloon centerpiece.
Here's table #2!

A few panoramic shots! I think if you click on them you may be able to see the picture better.



Each guest got a zebra striped takeout box with a muffin inside.
Kara and Katie
Me, Kara and 'Baby Veeder'



Of course the food was awesome! I didn't even eat dinner that night. It was so filling!
Here's a baby gift from Alex. It's a onesie that says "Backseat Driver"!
A Boo-Boo Bunny
Books!
Giraffe!
We had two choices of cake for dessert. Strawberry Costco Cake or Chocolate. I decided to try the strawberry. It. Was. Awesome. I'm pretty sure this is now my favorite flavor of Costco cake!
It was a great day! We had tons of fun. I was beat afterward. I hope Kara enjoyed herself. I know I did. It was so fun working with Katie and Aunt Diane.
No comments:
Post a Comment