So, it's been a few weeks since I last posted. We have been very busy so I was finding it hard to get some posts out. Also, since Natalie and Aaron's wedding happened it's been taking me a long time to collect and post all of the photos I wanted to. I'm dividing this event into two posts so that I could capture everything and it wouldn't be too long :)
The wedding was awesome, Natalie was beautiful the reception was fun and it was certainly a day to remember and one that I am happy to have been a part of. You never think when you become friends with someone when you're 12 that one day you'll be standing there on one of the most important days of their lives! :)
I got to Natalie's parent's house in the Twp around 9:30 AM. I had my hair in curlers, my Barack Obama t-shirt on and my bag of cosmetic goodness ready to go. I. Was. Ready. When I arrived Natalie and Monica were getting their hair done but the other bridesmaids were beginning to get ready. I headed up stairs to the bathroom to get ready.
I snapped this pic of the dress while I was on my way!

Our dresses were burgundy and the theme for the entire wedding was Hollywood Red Carpet. I think the dresses, hair and everything fit well with the theme! I love the color, it looked great on
everyone. Here Elaina and I getting ready to enjoy the Five Hour Energy Drinks, we knew we were about to have a long day....

Bottoms Up!

Here's Elaina and Amy helping each other..

This pic is a little out of order but here are the girls getting ready..

Natalie had picked out some amazing shoes. They are the pair on the left. Unfortunately, I have really narrow feet so I had to get the pair on the right. But I was so jealous of the girls with the pair on the left...(They were from
DSW BTW).

When Natalie arrived back from her hair appointment (hair by Katie my hairdresser also! wink!). She gave us some really wonderful bridesmaid gifts. She gave us a sparkly hair pin, an evening bag and a broach for the dress.

Here's my bag and our flowers. The flowers smelled awesome.

Here's the broach..

After we were ready, we headed out to get on the bus that was waiting to take us to
Hamtramck (I really hope I spelled that right!). Bridesmaids Pam and Sabrina are ready to go!

Natalie's dad had rented a 1940's era Cadillac for he and Natalie to ride downtown in. I think if I heard the story right, Elenor
Roosevelt once rode in this car too... I want to thank the driver because he helped Elaina and I lug our giant ice filled coolers onto the bus! The bus party wouldn't have been possible without his help :)

We arrived at the church. I think this sign speaks for itself. The last time I was in a
Church this big for a wedding was Nikki's wedding in Austria and that church was 300 years old! So I think you get the point!

I snapped a couple pics with the panoramic feature on my camera while we were waiting in the "wings" to begin. These pictures do not capture even half of how beautiful the church was...

My Dad took this pic. I love this pic of Natalie and Mr.
Klesko!

The inside of the church...

The ceremony was beautiful. Unfortunately, I don't have too many good pics of that :( But I'll leave that to your imagination..
Here's a mini-
EHS reunion pic. I stood up in
the wedding with Michael. I think we've known Michael since we were 12. Michael was in band and drama with all of us. He lives in Chicago now and unfortunately, I don't remember the last time I got to catch up with him. But it was really great to catch up with him and
reminisce about old times! And he is a heck of a polka dancer! (more on that later!)

After pics at the church the wedding party all jammed into the bus and toured around downtown for pics with Natalie and Aaron. We had all kinds of snacks n stuff on the bus but none as important as this mini-box of Chardonnay. Aunt Diane, this picture is for you!

We stopped at the Fox Theater for some pics...

Yes, only downtown Detroit on a Saturday would be this empty..

That's
Comerica Park home of the Tiger's right behind me...

Panoramic of the front of the Fox

The par-
tay bus!

Pics in front of the big Tiger's at
Comerica..

I thought it was awesome driving
around downtown taking pics. It was a very cool and 'local' thing to do :) Part II to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment