Friday, June 18, 2010

Swing Set Science

A couple of weeks ago our friends Wayne, Ann and Devon asked us if we could help with putting up a new swing set for Devon. Okay so let's be honest, really they just needed Bob to do the job :) But Alex and I were happy to hang out and enjoy "supervising" :) It was an all day affair and Ann was really nice and cooked for us TWICE that day. Which, if you've ever eaten Ann's cooking is definitely awesome.

Alex has been acting quite his almost two years old age lately. And he is also very "boy" , assertive, crazy, funny and very, very, energetic. I had a tough time keeping up with him that day and was pretty tired at the end. To keep him occupied Devon shared her water table with us. Which kept him entertained for a while!

And when I refer to Alex being very "boy" this also means that he threw water. Water at everyone. Thankfully everyone was very nice about it.
Although in the end I think he enjoyed throwing water on himself the best!
Here's a pic of the swingset in progress. I took many pics but I didn't want to bore you..


This is an important picture. An important piece of evidence in evolutionary history.. I call this photo"Men Reading DIRECTIONS". Yes I am not joking! Unfortunately, you can't see the paper but trust me they were reading them!


We also entertained ourselves and the kids with some sidewalk chalk drawing. Alex being his very almost two years old "boy" self, enjoyed scribbling all over everyone's drawings. As you can see Devon has given up trying to reason with him about not scribbling on her picture of Foofa....


Here is Alex with Sophie the dog. Sophie is a Great Dane and she is the sweetest. He had to give her a hug. Something that never happens with Bella... Sophie looks like she's used to this type of treatment!



Finally the swing set is almost done! Maryann is trying out the climbing wall! I think she's done this before...

It's finished! Alex is testing out the clubhouse. I am nervous, this is really high up!
Wayne was nice and helped Alex get up so he could slide down!
As you can see we we will be making some future trips to visit our friends to play!! Thank you for sharing Devon!!

No comments: